Snow clad mountains, stunning gorges, and an abundance of forests and lakes, Ladakh is the perfect travel destination for the nature lover. The region is well connected by air. Nestled in the western Himalayas, Ladakh is fast rising as a preferred travel destination among domestic travellers with most tour operators promoting this region as their latest offering. Here’s a list of the top 6 places to visit in Ladakh in July 2022.
6 Places to Visit in Ladakh in July 2022:
- Pangong Lake – The Pangong Lake is large in Leh district, Ladakh region of India. It is the largest saltwater lake in the Himalayan region. The lake is divided between India and the People’s Republic of China. The Indian portion of the lake is located in the disputed area between India and China, known as Aksai Chin. The lake has been called one of India’s most beautiful places on earth by Lonely Planet Guide to India. It is also famous for its floating islands made up of thick layers of algae that come to life when exposed to sunlight. So, what are you waiting for? Plan out the most Affordable Bike Trip to Ladakh right now.
- Nubra Valley – This valley is situated in the Leh district of the Ladakh region. The valley is known for its natural beauty, snow-capped mountains and dunes. If you want to enjoy some serenity with your friends or family members then this place will be ideal for you as it has no crowd at all during this time of year. There are many other things that you can do while visiting this place like trekking, camping etc. So, do not forget to add Nubra Valley to your itinerary of places to visit in Leh Ladakh.
- Magnetic Hill – Magnetic Hill is located near Leh city in Ladakh, and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region. The Magnetic Hill is also known as Gravity Hill because it appears to defy gravity by making vehicles roll uphill instead of downhill. There are many theories about how Magnetic Hill works, but scientists still haven’t been able to explain what makes it possible for cars to roll uphill instead of downhill.
- Tso Moriri – Tso Moriri is another popular lake in Ladakh which lies in the southwest part of the Zanskar range. It is known for its beautiful turquoise coloured waters and snow-covered mountains around it. The lake remains frozen during winters but gets filled up with water during summers. Tso Moriri is surrounded by many other lakes such as Khurnak Fort, Sumdo Lake, Tsamtsang Lake, etc. You can also visit some monasteries like Thiksey Monastery on your way to Tso Moriri Lake.
- Khardung-la Pass – Khardung-la Pass is the highest motorable pass in the world, at an elevation of 5,359 m (17,582 ft). It is located on the Leh-Manali Highway in Ladakh and connects Ladakh with the rest of India. The pass was opened on May 1, 1965, and is named after Tsering Samphel (commonly known as “Khardung”) who discovered it. The pass lies between two mountain ranges: the Himalayas to the south and the Karakoram range to the north. It forms a gateway to Ladakh from Himachal Pradesh
- Indus River – This beautiful place is located near Leh city which is also known as “Little Tibet”. It’s one of the best places to visit in the Ladakh region of India. The river has many tributaries that flow through different parts of India. These tributaries originate from different parts of India including Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir. The Indus River is one of the longest rivers in Asia and it provides water to people living in this region as well as other countries such as Pakistan, Afghanistan and China.
Explore some of the main tourist destinations in Ladakh this summer to capture a slice of the spectacular beauty around you. This small region will make you fall in love with its colours, scenery and culture. There are so many locations to travel to in the summertime that it’s really hard to list all of them. These spots will surely give you an idea about the best places to visit in Ladakh during your holidays if you plan on travelling to Ladakh.
read other trending Content