Agricultural insurance consists of four insurances:
- Building insurance
- Home contents insurance
- Liability insurance
- Various movables
Below you can read about each insurance, all of which can be adapted to your disused farm.
Building insurance – this is how you are covered
With building insurance, you ensure both the value of the building itself and the function of the building.
Always included in the building insurance
- Fire insurance. The insurance covers fire incl. lightning and electrical damage. Typically, the insurance also covers storms and similar sudden damage.
Make your building insurance even better
You can extend your building insurance with more coverages:
- Storm damage insurance, etc. – for the entire property
- Outlet insurance – for the entire property
- Pipe damage insurance – for residential buildings
- Insect and fungal damage insurance – for residential buildings
- Contract insurance – for new and remodeling
Home insurance – this is how you are covered
The insurance covers your private contents.
Always include contents insurance The
insurance covers if your contents are damaged. You are protected against:
- Fire. Covers damage after fire, lightning, explosion, and sooting.
- Electrical damage. Covers damage after short circuit. Also covers spoiled foods after power outages.
- Theft and vandalism. Covers damage in the event of theft, vandalism, and collision.
- Weather. Covers sudden damage from storms, snow, cloudbursts, and frostbite in pipes and electrical installations.
- Outflow. Covers damage to your belongings if water or oil suddenly flows from pipes in the house.
- Traffic injury. Covers damage to your belongings in traffic accidents where you are on a bicycle, by car, or by public transport.
- Damage to luggage abroad. Covers if your luggage gets damaged or stolen on the trip.
- Psychological crisis help. Covers psychological crisis help, eg in the event of a life-threatening illness or serious accident in your immediate family.
Make your contents insurance even better
You can put together and extend your contents insurance with more coverages:
- Sudden injury. Have sudden damage to your belongings covered – for example, if you put on your glasses or overturn an expensive vase.
- Electronics damage. Have sudden damage to electronic equipment covered, eg if you drop your laptop on the way down the stairs. Also covers malfunctions on equipment under 4 years.
Liability insurance – this is how you are covered
With liability insurance, you are covered if you, as a private person or as the owner of a disused farm, are at fault for damage to other people or their property. Your self-propelled machines must be insured against any liability that may arise if they are at fault for injuries to persons or property. If you use the machines in traffic, it is mandatory with liability insurance.
Always included in the liability insurance The
insurance always covers:
- Private liability. Covers if you are held liable for damage to other people or their belongings. The insurance also covers if you have a dog and it is to blame for injuries to other people, including extras.
- Responsibility as the owner of the disused farm. Covers if you as the owner of a disused farm are made liable for damages due to damage to other people or their belongings.
- Pollution responsibility incl. soil pollution. Covers if your defunct farm has liability in a pollution case.
- Legal aid insurance. Covers your costs if you need a lawyer. Both in private disputes and disputes arising in connection with your disused agriculture.
- Dog responsibility. Covers if you have a dog and it is to blame for injuries to other people, including figurants.
Make your liability insurance even better
You can choose to extend your liability insurance with more coverage depending on what you need on your farm:
- Environmental insurance. Extended insurance that supplements the pollution cover is always included in the liability insurance. Environmental insurance includes both advice and financial compensation in pollution cases.
Various Movables – this is how you are covered
Always included in the cover Miscellaneous
movables The insurance covers if your movables are damaged by, for example, fire, water damage, theft, or vandalism. Various movables mean all the movables – eg machines and animals – that you only have for private and hobby use. The insurance covers a total of up to DKK 763,500 (2017)
As part of your farm insurance, you can choose from several special insurances as needed:
- Forest liability insurance. The insurance covers damage to people or things you as a forest owner are liable for.
- Forest fire insurance. The insurance covers fire in forests and other stands.
- Christmas tree insurance. The insurance covers fire on stands with Christmas trees, as well as theft of decorative greenery and Christmas trees.