If you’re trying to beat the summer heat yet are looking for a low-cost and effective way to do so then air coolers would be the best choice for you. There are a variety of air coolers from different brands are readily available. There are various types of coolers that are available on the market, such as room coolers (used in bedrooms and small offices) as well as Duct coolers (used to cool central air) Jumbo coolers (used to cool big halls, larger offices) and so on. Based on the space they cool. However, the fundamental principle of working is the same for all.
In this article, we’ll explore the functions of air coolers, and give you with some suggestions for buying an air cooler that is new. However, before we do that, we’ll give you with the information you are looking for: the most popular brands for air coolers and the the best air coolers available for India by 2022. For more information on the functioning of air coolers as well as a the buying guide go to: Here.
The Best Coolers for Air Coolers to be found in India in 2022
These are among the most well-known models of the indoor cooler available in India. They are available online through e-commerce stores. Of these, Symphony is the leader in the market for popularity. However, if you’re one who wants to cool your whole space without an Air Conditioner an option that you can choose is opt to Desert Coolers that are installed on a window. They have a metallic body. are the best. Brands such as Ram Coolers make such coolers. However, they’re not sold in stores that sell e-commerce. Coolers for indoor air increase the humidity in the space.
Air coolers work
The majority of coolers that are available these days are evaporative coolers, often referred to as desert coolers or swamp coolers. In these coolers hot air from outside is circulated over the water. The water absorbs heat of the air outside and evaporates. This is because of it being able to transfer heat the air to water that the temperature of the air is reduced and it becomes cooler. The cool air is sent into the room. The process, when repeated repeatedly, lowers the temp of the area. This makes it a pleasant experience on an extremely hot and sunny day.
The air outside is pulled to the cooler by means of a fan . The air then goes through the cooling pads. The water vaporization process is carried out within these cooling pads. Pumps are employed to push the water to at the very top of these cooling pads. It is then let to drip down the pads.
Since the operation of coolers is based on the evaporation of water this is the most eco-friendly method of space cooling. There isn’t any involvement with cooling gases, so you can now cool down without contributing to the global warming!
Things to think about when purchasing a cooler
To ensure that a cooler functions effectively, it is vital to choose a cooler that has the an appropriate size in line with the dimensions of the space that you wish to cool. The size of coolers are measured by a measure called CFM which stands for Cubic feet for every minute. CFM is a measurement of air flow. CFM is a measurement unit used to determine the amount of air flowing through the room. The greater the CFM indicates that the fan is bringing greater amounts of air through the space. It is a straightforward calculation that can help you figure out the proper size cooler you require.
The delivery of air, or displacement of air (in CFM) = Area of the room measured in feet square x the height of your space / 2
(The two-factor denominator indicates that the air inside the room is changed every two minutes.)
If, for instance, your space measures 100 sq. ft. with a ceiling that is eight feet tall then
Air displacement, also known as Air delivery (in CFM) = 100 8/2
= 400 cubic feet/min
However, most of the top manufacturers today talk about the displacement of air in cubic meters per hour.
To convert CFM to cubic metres/hour divide CFM value with a multiplier of 1.699.
One cubic metre/hour equals 1.699 per 1. CFM.
In our case, the size of cooler needed will be 40 CFM which is comparable to ,
1.699 (400) x 1.699 = 680 cubic metre / an hour (approx).
It is crucial to ensure that you have a cooler of the correct size. If the cooler is less than the amount required, then it will be required to work longer to cool the room , and therefore use more energy based on the wattage difference of smaller and proper size coolers.
The effectiveness of Coolers at various temperatures
Air coolers perform best in dry and hot conditions. The efficiency of air coolers is based on the depletion of water in the air. Therefore, if more water evaporates and the air becomes cooler. However, it is not possible to limit on the capacity of the air that holds the atmosphere. Therefore, even if the atmosphere has already been humid it won’t be able to store more water, and consequently the air won’t be cool enough to the degree that it cools in dry climates. Therefore, the higher the humidity, lower is the impact of coolers. Nowadays, manufacturers are creating coolers that have the feature of “Humidity Control’ to solve this problem. A number of top brands, including Bajaj and Symphony produce models that have particular features that control humidity. They can also be used in coastal areas that are humid and more.
The image shows the relationship between outside temperatures and humidity in the air.
Therefore, if the outside air temperature is 90 degrees Fahrenheit (32.2 Celsius) and the humidity is 30 percent, the air outside can be cooled to 74 degrees Fahrenheit (23.3 Celsius). As the humidity keeps growing, the effective temperatures produced by the cooler are also increasing.
Efficiency, power consumption and other variables
- The power consumption of air coolers is a lot smaller compared to air conditioners. One-ton AC will consume 0.8 units per hour, whereas an air cooler of the same size would consume 0.1 units per hour. Similar to an 1.5-ton AC would consume about 1.2-1.3 units per hour, whereas an air cooler of the same size would consume 0.12 units per hour. A higher energy consumption means greater electricity costs. Therefore, along with being eco green, coolers are cost-effective!
- In addition to the climate, the cooling pads are a contributor to the effectiveness. The patterns utilized in cooling pads can have a huge influence on the absorption of water and evaporation processes. Two of the most popular designs are honeycomb as well as the (wood wool). The distinction between both patterns is the capability of absorption of water and the facilitation of flow of air through it. Aspen pads are about 75% efficient compared to honeycomb pads, which have a 85% efficiency.
- Another aspect to consider can be the type of material that is used to construct the cooler. Fiber body coolers appear more attractive than steel body coolers however they have a smaller cooling pad. So, they have less effectiveness in cooling as in comparison to coolants made of steel. Galvanized steel bodies provide protection from rust and can extend the life of coolers, as well as increased efficiency.
Principal benefits of Air Coolers
- Apart from being economical In addition to being affordable, air coolers utilize water to cool and do not require any refrigerants like CFC, HCFC etc. for cooling , which is the case with air conditioners. Therefore, they are extremely Eco eco-friendly.
- The initial cost of purchasing coolers is significantly less than the cost of an air conditioning. This means less investment!
- The energy used from these cooling systems is lower than ACs, and the energy savings per year is substantial. Also, with a lower costs of investment, cooling coolers is much lower than air conditioners.
- Coolers can be carried around. This makes it easy to set them up in the area you’d like to cool.
- Air conditioners cool the air within the room, and then send the air into the room. In contrast, air coolers make use of fresh air from outside, then chill it, and then direct it into the room. This means that more fresh air is circulated throughout the room.
The main drawbacks of air Coolers
- The biggest drawback to air coolers is their dependence on the climate. In regions with extremely humid environments the coolers could not be as effective. The air that exits the coolers is humid due to of the water that has evaporated. So, coolers contribute to the humidity of the air. When you purchase a cooler, look for the word ‘Humidity Control’ within the specifications for the cooling device.
- Coolers also require a constant flow of drinking water. If you live in an area that has difficult water conditions, interior components of your cooler are at greater risk of rust. Maintenance is more frequent in these coolers.
- The air coolers emits a sound that could be alarming.
Tips to make sure that your Air Coolers are working properly. Air Coolers
- Contrary to the notion of closing all doors and windows when using air cooling the proper ventilation will benefit your cooler. Keep the windows and doors open to allow sufficient fresh air flow throughout the room. Placing the cooler close to the window can be an added benefit and help to cool the room more quickly.
- If there is a foul smell emanating from your cooler It is a sign to wash it. Maintaining and cleaning your cooler can help extend the life of your cooler.
- Making use of ice or water in coolers can reduce temperatures even more. Therefore, using ice water is a great idea for extremely hot days.
Click More Artical Information :- Boingam