It goes without saying, that electricity plays a critical role in our lives today. Not just lights, fans and air-conditioning or home appliances like TVs, refrigerators and washing machines the elixir of the digital age – WiFi internet itself requires electricity. That’s why most people strive to pay their electricity bills on time. This could mean stepping outdoors in the hot sun, traveling long distances and waiting in long queues at the Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (TNEB) office or authorised agencies. But not anymore. These days, paying your electricity bill from TNEB online could not be easier. You can complete the transaction in a matter of a few minutes, without moving an inch.
Complete procedure to pay electricity bill online
TNEB now permits online payment. This can either be done directly on their official website or even through any of your preferred payment apps or portals. By choosing to make an online electricity bill payment, you are opting for fastest, safest and easiest way to clear your outstanding dues.
Here is a step-by-step guide to make TNEB online payment:
- Go to the official website of TNEB
- Enter your User ID and Password in the fields provided and click Login (In case you have a new connection or have an existing connection but no User Id, click on New User – Register, and provide all the relevant details as requested)
- Once your dashboard is open, it will show the amount that is currently outstanding.
- You can either choose to pay the outstanding bill amount, the amount as per the last generated bill or any other amount.
- When you click on Pay Bill, you will be transported to the payment gateway page wherein you will have multiple payment options for electricity bill payment.
- Choose from credit card, debit card, netbanking or UPI payments
- To complete the TNEB online payment, you are required to enter the complete payment details and click Proceed.
- After verifying the payment, the transaction is complete, and if succesful, you will be done!
If you use payment platforms, the procudure is quite similar and just as simple.
- Open the payment app or visit the web portal
- Select Bill payments and then click on Electricity bill payment.
- Select the State from the drop-down menu as Tamil Nadu
- Select TNEB as the Board from the drop-down menu and click Proceed
- You will be asked for your Consumer Number or your TNEB User ID/Password. Fill them in the relevant fields and click Submit
- You will see the outstanding amount due.
- If you wish to make the TNEB online payment, click on Pay Now, and you will be redirected to the Payments page
- Select your preferred mode of payment such as netbanking, debit card, credit card or UPI and submit all the details
- If you have any discount codes from your payment partner, remember to use them before you authorise the transaction to avail the offer. When all details are filled, click Make Payment
- You will then be redirected to the Payment Gateway where you will have to authorise the payment with a password or OTP.
- Once this is verified, you will be done in just a few seconds, and redirected back to Home view.
Advantages of paying bills of TNEB online
If you are trying to decide if you should physically go and pay the bill or make TNEB online payment, there are various reasons why the latter is preferred by a majority of people:
- Fast and convenient: This is the top reason why electricity bill payment is done online – it’s fast, just a few minutes; and it can conveniently be done without stepping out of your house.
- No Extra service Charge: Neither TNEB nor any reputed payment platform will collect any separate service fee as you make the payments.
- Secure Platform: You can be rest assured that reputed payment platforms as well as TNEB will be able to secure your every transaction. Your financial data will not be saved without your consent.
- Instant Transactions: In case you choose to process the payment through banks, there may be a delay of up to 72 hours. That’s why people who tend to wait until the last date to clear their dues will benefit significantly from TNEB online The transaction will be completed instantly and they won’t have to pay any late fee penalty. You will even be notified instantly once the transaction is completed.
- Cashback and Rewards: Through your preferred payment partners, you can make TNEB online payments and expect to receive cashback or other deals, that could be redeeemed on further transactions. It’s savings galore!
- Multiple Payment Options: While trying to pay electricity bill online, you can get several payment modes to choose from – cards credit or debit, UPI and netbanking. You can decide which one you wish to select. You can even choose a different payment for each transaction.
- Reminders: Once you make one payment of TNEB online, you can even expect to receive reminders about your next bill payment, before the due date. This will help you avoid late fees.
Indeed, there are so many benefits of paying electricity bills online. Choose wisely and make all payments of TNEB online and you can be assured it will be a hassle-free affair each and every month.