Before you begin the application process for the 190 visa in Australia, you need to gather knowledge regarding the visa requirements and go through the checklist of all documents needed to apply for this visa.
In this guide, you will know about the various requirements of the subclass 190 visa. When you can provide all the visa documents, there are fewer chances of your application being rejected.
General 190 Visa Requirements
You are required to have an invitation to proceed with your subclass 190 visa application, and before that, you need to be nominated by an Australian state or territory agency. The authorities will invite you to apply for the visa if you are nominated.
There are different criteria for different agencies, and you can contact an expert to know more about the criteria to get nominated. Before you get nominated for the visa, you need to do the following things:
- You need to submit an EOI or Expression of Interest via SkillSelect to inform the concerned authorities that you require the visa.
- After that, you need to fill in the details about your qualifications, skills and nominated occupation.
- You will be awarded points based on these details, and the point score of every applicant will be ranked against each other. The individuals who have higher ranks will be invited by the authorities to apply for the visa.
- You need to score at least 65 or more to receive an invitation to apply for the Skilled Visa 190.
- After receiving the invitation, the 190 visa application form must be submitted within 60 days. You can apply for the visa only if you are under the age of 45 during the time of the application.
- To receive the 190 visa, your nominated occupation needs to be one of the eligible skilled occupations.
- You also need to prove that you have the skills and qualifications to do the job.
- You should not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government. You need to ensure this before you put forward your 190 visa application.
English Requirement for the 190 Visa
As per the 190 visa English requirements, you must have a competent English level. You need to submit an English language test score at the time of the visa application, and it should not be over three years old.
The score structure needs to be as follows so that you can prove that you have competent English:
Six and more in all of the four components, namely speaking, reading, writing and listening of the IELTS or B and above in all the four components of the OET (Occupational English test) or 12 for listening, 18 for speaking, 21 for writing and 13 for reading in the test of TOEFL iBT or Fifty or more in all the four components of the PTE (Pearson Test of English).
If you include any extra family members in your 190 visa application, they must also fulfil IELTS requirements for the 190 visa and other English requirements. If your family members are 18 years or above, they need to have a functional English level.
The family members, including your parents, partner or adult children, must undergo the test within a year of applying for the visa.
They need to achieve the score 4.5 or above in the components of speaking, reading, listening and writing of the IELTS test to fulfil the visa requirements or a total band score of 32 or more in all the four components of the TOEFL iBT English language test or a band score of 30 or more in all the four components of the PTE (Pearson Test of English) or a band score of 147 or more in all four components of the CAF test.
ALSO SEE : Tips To Buy An Apartment Within A Budget
Other than this, family members also need to have completed their secondary education in the English medium and need to have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in English.
Health Requirements for the 190 Visa
Suppose you and your family are considering applying for a Skilled Visa in Australia. In that case, you need to get your health check-up done to receive an invitation from the concerned authorities.
Often, a family member not applying for the visa can be directed to meet the basic health standards. The reason behind this assessment is to ensure that you are not suffering a disease or a health condition that may threaten the Australian community’s health.
Partner Requirements for the 190 Visa
The list of Skilled Nominated Visa 190 requirements for your partner travelling to Australia with you. You can earn or gain points under the following conditions:
- If your partner is coming to Australia along with you
- If they are a citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- If their age is less than 45 years
- If they have competent English
- The skills and qualifications for the nominated occupation are relevant to the list of eligible skilled occupations.
Documents Needed for the 190 Visa Application
Migration consultants in Perth are always prepared to help you apply for the subclass 190 visa and to ensure that the application is processed smoothly. Some of the important documents that need to be attached with the application are as follows:
- Identity proof
- 190 visa application form
- Skill assessment report
- Results of English Language Test
- Documents related to skilled employment
- Two coloured passport-sized photographs
- Document that supports your educational qualification
- Documents that can fulfil Australian study requirements and show that you have studied in a regional area of the country.
- Documents about your relationship status.
- Character certificate issued by police
- Health assessments Report
- Reference Letters from employers
- Other documents requested by the Australian authorities.
- Document that provides evidence of your partner’s qualification, skills and English language proficiency.
You must ensure that all the important documents submitted for the 190 visas are in English or that translated versions are attached to them. The documents you will be sent need copies of the original.
If you want to live in Australia and are applying for a 190 visa, you can contact Visa agents in Perth for any kind of assistance. They will ensure that you provide all the documents related to the subclass 190 visa.
If you need help filling up your application forms, a Visa consultant in Perth can help you in filling up the forms and ensure that the concerned authorities do not reject your application.
You might also like to read – Know everything about partner visa Australia!