How to Score High in IELTS Exam
In this blog, we will discuss IELTS test pattern and tips to get high band score. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is designed to assess a candidate’s English language ability by considering four factors – reading, writing, speaking and listening. The assessment for this test is made up of band scores, which range from 1 to 9.
With over 10,000 global organizations accepting IELTS scores, it is vital that applicants know how to achieve a good IELTS score. However, understanding the score range for this exam can be a bit daunting for students. This is because the IELTS band score is calculated in a complex way, with each region having a crude score. To attain high score in IELTS exam, you can join IELTS coaching in Lucknow.
In the following sections, we have provided a complete guide to obtaining a high IELTS test score. In addition, IELTS also contains test format, score range, and IELTS test scoring criteria. Overseas education consultants will help you in preparing for IELTS and attaining high score.
IELTS Exam Pattern
IELTS exam is categorized in four sections: reading section, writing section, listening section and speaking section. Each of these categories contains a specific set of time-limited questions. Students must take the reading, writing and listening part of the exam on the same day. As for the speaking section, it can be scheduled for the same day evening. However, in some cases it may also be scheduled within 7 days of taking the test.
IELTS Reading Section
This section has 40 questions and 60 minutes to complete it.
IELTS Writing Section
This section has 2 tasks and 60 minutes to complete it.
IELTS Speaking Section
This section has 3 parts and 10-15 minutes to complete it.
IELTS Listening Section
This section has 40 questions and 30 minutes + extra 10 minutes also offer to complete it.
Range of Score of IELTS Exam
Students will be given a score from 1 to 9 in each section of this exam. The total band score is calculated by taking the average of the four sections.
Before we get into the tips for finding out how to get good bonds in IELTS, candidates need to know what each band score in this test means. Here is a detailed explanation of the overall complete IELTS band marks.
- A 0 to 1 band score indicates that a candidate who could not use the language in most cases was not tested.
- A band score of 2 to 3 indicates that the candidate has great difficulty or little understanding of the language
- A band score of 4 to 5 indicates that a candidate has basic language ability or partial control over the language.
- A band score of 6 to 7 indicates that a candidate has general control over the language despite some errors in command of action with very few occasional errors.
- A band score of 8 to 9 indicates that a candidate has complete command of the language despite some errors.
Top Tips to Attain a high Marks in the All the Sections of IELTS
Score in IELTS Listening
- People who are wondering how to get a good IELTS score need to listen to the news, TV shows, and online videos in English.
- Knowledge of all test questions in the listening department, such as multiple choice, labels, matching, etc.
Score in IELTS Reading
- Read English language magazines, magazines, and books. Also, while reading, students need to emphasize the less common words.
- Use to measure the meaning of an unknown word through its context. If it is not yet clear, check the dictionary.
- Stay tuned for the difference in test format in general training and IELTS academic exam modules.
- People who are wondering how to get a good IELTS score need to keep reading a text within a time frame.
- Use of reading techniques, such as intensive reading, skimming, and scanning
Score in IELTS Speaking
- The habit of speaking in English as much as possible
- Read English books, watch cinemas in English, acts, documentaries, etc., in English. In addition, while watching or reading, people need to think about why they like or dislike the content.
- Speak English before entering the exam room
Score in IELTS Writing
People who are wondering how to get a good score in IELTS will have to struggle to improve their grammar control.
Finding IELTS model essays on the Internet and analyzing them for essay structure, task response, coherence, sentence mix, and vocabulary.
Also, read 8 Tips to Prepare for IELTS Writing Test