As the dengue cases rise in any country, hospitals become overloaded with patients. In this situation, it is critical for doctors and paramedical staff to focus on patients that are seriously ill. Patients with minor signs and symptoms are advised to stay at home and manage the symptoms carefully. In case of any emergency, or if the patient’s symptoms start worsening, you should immediately visit your doctor.
You can find the doctor for dengue treatment and ask for their helpful tips to take care of your patient at home. As there is no cure for dengue, and only symptomatic treatment is given, it is easy to manage the mild type of dengue infection at your home.
What are the mild Symptoms of Dengue?
Dengue fever appears in different types and stages. The severe type of dengue is referred to as dengue hemorrhagic fever that includes bleeding and low blood pressure that may lead to serious organ damage and ultimately death. In mild dengue fever, your symptoms are;
· Less urination due to dehydration
· Mild rashes
· Body pains
How to Manage Mild Dengue Symptoms at Home?
To manage the mild symptoms of dengue fever, you can
· Give Paracetamol medicine
· Do wet sponging to the patient’s body
· Drink a lot of fluids to compensate dehydration
· Take rest as much as you can.
What Food can be given to Dengue Patient at home?
Dengue patient needs fluids and energy to combat the viral infection. Your body needs to be strong enough to overcome the viral load as the virus is fighting with your immune system.
You should add the following healthy foods to your diet to manage mild dengue symptoms at home;
· Eat fruits and vegetables as they are good for improving your body’s immunity. They are also rich in fiber that improves our digestion and appetite while having dengue fever.
· Drink a lot of fluids like fresh fruit juice, coconut water, ORS, or simply water to flush out the toxins from your system and prevent dehydration.
· Drink herbal teas like cinnamon tea, ginger-honey tea, etc. to improve your immunity.
· Eat yoghurt and other high protein diet to improve your blood platelet count that is decreasing in dengue infection. Yoghurt also has probiotics that are good for your gut’s normal flora of healthy bacteria.
What are the Warning Signs of Dengue?
While treating mild dengue at your home, you should be cautious about the severe warning signs of dengue. If any serious signs start to appear, you should immediately consult your doctor for further treatment. These warning symptoms can be;
· Dehydration due to severe nausea and vomiting
· Dark colored stool that shows bleeding in your gut
· Less urination as it also leads to kidney problems
· Low blood pressure that may be a sign of bleeding.
· Severe rashes on your body
· Bleeding from the nasal mucosa or through the gums
· Difficulty in breathing is also a serious sign of dengue infection
· Severe stomach pain or abdominal cramps
All these signs are alarming, and you need to consult your doctor about them to get symptomatic treatment for dengue.
How to Protect others in your Home, When You have Dengue?
Dengue is a mosquito borne disease, that means it spreads with the bite of mosquito. If one of your family members is suffering from a dengue infection, chances are high that anyone can get this infection. Children, adults or elderly patients are equally vulnerable in this situation. So the best way to prevent the spread of dengue among the family members in home, is by following methods;
· Do not keep water in open containers in your home.
· If you have garden and plants in your home, try to get mosquito killing spray in your garden and courtyards.
· Use mosquito preventing repellent on your body
· Wear full sleeves and trousers to decrease the chances of mosquito bite
· Use nets on your bed and keep the doors and windows shut to prevent the entrance of mosquitoes.
Try to boost your immunity by adopting a healthy diet. There are high chances of getting other infections with dengue, so try to avoid eating outside or drinking contaminated water.
With the spike in dengue cases in any country, hospitals are flooded with dengue patients. If you are having mild dengue symptoms, you can easily treat them at your home. Eating a healthy diet to boost your immunity, drinking a lot of fluids to prevent dehydration, wet sponging, and taking a lot of rest can be helpful in managing mild dengue symptoms. But if you are facing any serious warning signs that show severe dengue infection, you should immediately visit your doctor.
If you are looking for the best doctors in Karachi for dengue, you can find and consult them through marham.pk