QuickBooks is known for its excellent features in managing accounting and bookkeeping activities. It helps small and medium-sized businesses to control their finances. It also allows business owners to create invoices, payroll, billing, taxes, and many others. Users can also print checks with QuickBooks. But somehow, many users don’t know to set up QuickBooks check printing. If you are among those users, then follow this blog. We will discuss the steps to set up the printing with easy and simple steps. Let’s begin.
Steps to Set Up QuickBooks Check Printing
Printing checks in QuickBooks Desktop isn’t a big task. You find the easy and simple steps of setting up. Just follow the steps:
Step 1: Set up Print Checks
Before you start, please load some blank or new paper into the printer’s tray to test prints for QuickBooks check printing. In that way, you won’t waste the actual checks if you require to fix the alignment.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks.
- Secondly, choose the +New option.
- Then, you have to click on the Print Checks option.
- After that, select the Print Setup.
- Now, in this step, you have to choose your check type, Voucher or Standard.
Note: The Voucher Checks must be formed while deducting the payments in the program
- Here, choose View Preview and Print Sample Option. Click on Print.
- Next, follow the on-screen direction to complete the printing of your sample check.
- In the end, put the sample print beneath a blank check. Check If they line up properly.
If it lines up, it’s all set. You can do printing checks on the QuickBooks desktop.
Step 2: Install or Update Adobe Reader
If the sample print won’t line up with your blank check. Then we suggest you use Adobe Acrobat for printing checks. Abode Reader is needed for printing both Voucher and Standard checks. To set up QuickBooks check printing with Adobe, you have to download it and set it as the default PDF viewer. Following are the steps:
- First of all, launch QuickBooks and select the +New option.
- After that, pick the Print Checks.
- Next, select Print Setup and then “No, Continue Setup”.
- Now, choose the Latest Version of the Reader link. It will redirect you to Adobe’s page, from where you can download the Acrobat Reader’s latest version.
- Therefore download and install it in the system.
- Now, after installing, go to QuickBooks. Then choose the How? Link for setting the Adobe Reader as the browser’s default PDF viewer.
- In the next step, go back to QuickBooks and choose View Preview and Print Sample. Then select Print.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the printing of your sample check.
- At last, check the alignment of the sample print against a blank check.
If it aligns perfectly, then you can print it on your regular checks.
Step 3: Fine-Tune the Check Alignment
If you can’t set up QuickBooks check printing, then you can fine-tune the check alignment. Here are the steps:
- Open QuickBooks and choose +New.
- Then, go to Print Checks and then Print Setup.
- After that, select “No, Continue Setup”. Then, choose “No, Continue Setup” again. This will open the check-in an alignment wizard where you can adjust or configure the margins to correct the alignment for QuickBooks check printing.
- Now, in the check image wizard, drag the grid by which the numbers are in the exact position they appear on the sample print. QuickBooks will adjust the alignment automatically.
Note: The numbers on the horizontal and vertical files are adjustable. Tell QuickBooks exactly where to print the amount on the check.
- After adjusting the grid, choose View Preview and Print Sample. Select Print.
- Next, follow the on-screen steps to complete the printing of the sample check.
- Now, check the alignment of the sample against the blank check.
- Repeat the grid alignment procedure and print as many times as you want until your check is adequately aligned.
- Finally, select Finish Setup.
If the things lined up properly, then you’re all set. You can do printing checks on the QuickBooks desktop.
Step 4: Configure Your Printer Dialog Box
If the sample print is still off, then you might need to adjust the scale on the print dialog box for QuickBooks check printing.
Your default print dialog box appears when you choose the print option in the QuickBooks Desktop. Depending upon your setup, this print dialog might be from your browser, printer’s driver, or Adobe Acrobat. Configure the printer dialog box from the settings of each.
That’s all. Through the medium of this blog, we provide you with the step-by-step procedure for setting up QuickBooks check printing. We make the steps easy to use, even for the new user. If you find any difficulty in the overhead information, please do comment. We will get back to you.
If you want some expert help, then dial our QuickBooks Phone Number. Our certified experts are 24×7 available to assist you.