Canon printers are one of the highly efficient printers in the market. Their smooth printing and scanning performance have made them a part of many home and office settings. However, being a piece of technical equipment, they are prone to encounter various errors. Canon printer offline is one such issue that many printer users face. It significantly hampers the work of a person who needs the printing job urgently. To fix this problem, you must first understand the causes that lead to it. Then, you can proceed to the troubleshooting. In this article, you’ll find all the common reasons for the offline problem and how to fix it.
Why Is My Canon Printer Offline?
Those who face this issue often wonder about the reasons behind it. Below are the various causes for this problem.
- A faulty network connection.
- The option of Use Printer Offline is enabled on your device.
- Improper installation of the printer driver.
- Outdated printer driver.
Fixes for the Canon Printer Offline Problem
You can implement numerous fixes whenever your printer goes printer. If you have been complaining that my Canon printer is offline, you won’t do so after you follow these troubleshooting measures.
Reconnect your device to Wi-Fi
Many users find their printer offline but linked to Wi-Fi. You can resolve this problem by reconnecting the device to your Wi-Fi router. Follow these simple steps to relink it.
- Find the Wi-Fi button on the printing device and hit it.
- Keep holding the Wi-Fi button till you notice the Wi-Fi light blinking.
- Watch out for when the Wi-Fi light blinks blue continuously. At this point, press the router’s WPS button.
- The light will blink while the present networks are being searched and linked to the access points.
- After the device connects, the light will become steady. The offline printer problem will also resolve.
Restart print spooler service
The print spooler service manages print jobs that you give to your Canon device. On noticing Canon printer offline message, you must restart this service.
- Open the ‘Run’ dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R.
- On the box, type ‘msc.’ Then hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard.
- You will find a window with various services opening. Click on any one of them and hit the ‘P’ key.
- Hold this key, and you’ll find the ‘Printer spooler’ getting highlighted.
- Now right-tap on the ‘Print Spooler’ service. Then choose ‘Properties.’
- Find the ‘General’ tab. Click the ‘Stop’ option under the ‘Service’ status. Now press ‘OK.’
- The service will be disabled briefly. To remove the printer files, visit ‘Windows Explorer’ and navigate to C:WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS.
- Tap ‘Continue’ when you are asked for permission.
- Choose and remove the files. After that, close the window.
- Go to the ‘General’ tab and hit ‘Start.’
- Modify the print spooler’s ‘Startup type’ to ‘Automatic.’
- Then tap ‘OK.’
- Reboot your system.
Disable the option of Use Printer Offline.
Those complaining my Canon printer is offline should check whether they have disabled the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option. To disable it, follow these steps.
- On your system keyboard, press the ‘Start’ button.
- Then, tap ‘Control Panel.’
- Now, search for and tap ‘Hardware and Sound.’
- Next, tap ‘Devices and Printers.’
- Right-tap your Canon printer and select the ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- Now, tap ‘Printer.’ You will see the ‘Use Printer Offline’ option in the dropdown menu.
- Untick this option. Now, tap ‘Cancel All Documents.’
- Lastly, reconnect your printer and make a print command.
Update your printer driver.
It is another fix that has proven to be highly effective for many users. You can update your printer driver by going these guidelines.
- Hit the ‘Windows’ and ‘R’ keys on your system.
- When the Run dialog box launches, input ‘msc’ and hit Enter.
- Navigate to the ‘Device Manager’ and open ‘Print Queues.’
- Right-tap on the printer hardware and choose the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- You’ll see a question, ‘How do you want to search for drivers?’ on your screen. Choose the option that says, ‘Browse my computer for driver software.’
- After your Canon printer driver updates, reboot your device.
Reinstall your Canon printer software
Reinstalling the Canon printer software can also prove helpful in fixing the offline printer problem. Follow these instructions to do it.
- Firstly, open the Rin dialog box. You already know how to launch it.
- When it opens, enter ‘msc.’ Then click ‘OK.’
- You’ll easily find your Canon device under ‘Print Queues.’ Right-click it and opt for ‘Uninstall device.’
- Navigate to the Canon printer’s official website. Once there, download the software for your device.
- Now you won’t find the offline problem.
All these measures are effective at resolving the Canon printer offline problem. Now you don’t need to worry about your workflow getting disturbed due to this issue. Simply use the fixes and use your device again. If you want more help with troubleshooting, get in touch with professional printer customer support services.
Read more Quick Guide Book of Stocking Wholesale Dresses for Retailers!