Chef Kunal Kapur Biography & Life Story
Chef Kunal Kapur is an Indian famous chef as well as a restaurateur and writer. He is a popular host and judge of the TV show Master Chef India season 1,2 and 3.
It shown in the US on Star Plus. He also was the host and judge on Junior Master Chef Season 1. Also, he is a cookbook author.
Early and Personal Life of the Chef Kunal Kapur
Kunal Kapur, born the 18 the 18th September, 1979. He was born in New Delhi India. He was born to an Punjabi family. He graduated from school in St.
Francis De Sales School New Delhi. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in commerce at Delhi University. Then he completed his hotel Management course with the Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Chandigarh.
Since he is part of the bankers’ family, his parents wanted him to be a banker, but his dream was to become a chef. He wanted to pursue his career according to his passion.He got married with Ekta Kapur. They have their daughter Ranbir Kapur.
Chef Kunal Kapur Career:
From the age of a child, he was keen on cooking. The passion for cooking led him to become an extremely famous chefs in India.
He learned early about culinary skills from his father as well as his mother. In 2000, he began his career at Taj Group of Hotels. Taj Group of Hotels.
Presently, he’s employed as an executive sous chef for his restaurant, Leela Kempinski at Gurgaon. He started a restaurant, which was awarded best restaurant three times. He managed and owned a few restaurants. These were…
- Patiyala by Kunal Kapur in Dubai. It was owned by chef Kunal kapur & Saurabh Narain.
- Another one is Diya Simply India. The location is in the Leela Ambience, Gurgaon.
- Namak from Kunal Kapur, is an Indian food restaurant in Abu Dhabi.
He was named the top Indian chef at the beginning of January at New Delhi by India Today. He was named “The next big name for Kebabs & Curries in India’.
He was honored to hand over “Satvik (cuisine) Bhojan’ to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Germon Chancellor Angela Markel in Bangalore.
At the India Africa Summit alongside an interactive cooking class He cooked to 42 ladies on their recent trip to India.
Kunal Kapur also instructs young people who are disadvantaged and unemployed in the art of cooking. He also assists in raising funds for their own sustainable food businesses in conjunction in partnership with United Ways Delhi. He is passionate about cars and technology fashion, travel, and also history.
He also wrote a cookbook entitled “A The Home Chef the Complete Family Cookbook”.
His name was mentioned in the Limca Book of Records for the creation of India’s largest chocolaty tower’. He also endorses Tupperware as an American multinational manufacturer of home appliances.
He hosted his debut show about food and travel called “The Foodies Comes to America’. The show was produced on location in New York and California.
The purpose of the show was to explore the story of Indian food and culture in the USA. He was also invited to be an guest judge on the second episode on MasterChef USA season 2.
He also hosted the 1 first and 2 2nd season of “My Yellow Table” on NDTV great times. He also hosted ‘Pickle Country’ “Fit Foodie” as well as ‘Celebrating Togetherness for Living Foods.
- He was the host and judge on the popular reality TV cooking competition series Season 1 3, and 5 in MasterChef India.
- He was invited to MasterChef America season 2 as an invited judge.
- For the 18-episode show Pickle Nation on Living Foodz and Living Foodz, he traveled across India to present the most original pickles and related stories. This show was designed to explore the old-fashioned pickles and stories about pickles from India.
- Kapur was on the road to discover the various thalis of India in his show “Thalis in India’. The aim was to demonstrate that the practice of serving food in large platters or thalis has an origin and significance.
- He was also the host of the popular food show My Yellow Table from season 1 through 4 . NDTV The Good Times.
- The program “Curries from India” was meant to investigate the past and influences that influenced Indian subcontinent that led to the formation of curries. It was broadcast on live Foodz. 22 episodes of this food and travel show reveal the journey into food that is a part of traditional curries.
- The show that he has on his resume is “Foodie Comes To America” was shot at New York & California. It was a look into the evolution of Indian food to the USA. It was broadcast in the channel Times Now. It documented the travel and culinary adventures in Kapur in a way that showcased the very best Indo-American food.
Achievements and awards for chef Kunal Kapur
- Kunal Kapur has been awarded The Indian Television Academy Award for the Best Jury/Anchor of Junior The MasterChef India.
- His name was mentioned by Limca Book of Record to create the world’s biggest chocolate tower.
- The Prime Secretary of New Zealand, John Key gave him the Sir Edmund Hillary Fellowship award for his contributions to the area of Food & Beverage.
- The year 2017 was the last time he was awarded an award in 2017. Epicurean Guild Award for Best Food and Entertainment Entertainer in Thalis from India.
- WBR India awarded him with the Most innovative Brands & Leaders of Asia Award.