Sitting on the computer as the day starts and opening your site to see how many sales your online store has made or how many visitors read your blog. But to your surprise, the WordPress Admin area shows an error message. On contacting the hosting provider, you got to know that the site had crashed due to a hacker.
If you haven’t backed your data with a Backup WordPress Plugin, you not only have lost all the leads but also the content, files, databases, and everything that was on the site.
Starting from scratch when you already have a well-set, and running website can be devastating. Therefore, it is critical to have a Backup WordPress Plugin to save a website from malware, SQL injections, and brute force attacks.
If you’re confused about which backup plugin to use, you’ve landed on the right page. In this article, we are listing down the 6 best Backup WordPress plugins.
You can also approach the top website designing company in Faridabad to help you with the right plugins to keep your website data safe and secure.
It is the most trusted and popular backup plugin for WordPress that is free to use. The plugin has been used on more than 2 million websites running safely on the internet.
It allows users to back up in cloud mode on Google Drive, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, UpdraftVault, FTP, Openstack Swift, DreamObjects, and email. The plugin tales backup of all WordPress data, like databases, content, files, plugins, and templates. The users can set a backup time as required and enjoy the facility to restore backups through the WordPress control panel.
- Advanced reporting
- Back up files and databases remotely
- Database encryption
- Free 24×7 support
- Multiple storage locations (e.g., OneDrive, Azure, BackBlaze, SFTP)
- Uncomplicated copying and transfer of websites
- WP-CLI support
Blog Vault Plugin
Blog Vault is a reliable and popular plugin that can back up all WordPress websites. It is more of a service software than just a plugin as it automatically performs off-site backups and saves them on its dedicated servers. All this reduces the user’s server load to zero.
The plugin costs $7.4/Month and is accompanied by 12 months of free support.
- Ensure an automatic backup of a website regularly. Although, users can also schedule backup intervals.
- The incremental backups feature that only backs-up incremental changes to a website. So, instead of taking the backup of the whole website, only changes are backed that optimize the overall website’s performance.
- It works well for large websites as it helps them load faster by taking the load off their server resources.
- Offer multi-stage testing that tests a website.
- Users can open an account on this plugin to simplify a website’s migration to another host.
BackupBuddy is an easy-to-use plugin that more than half a million WordPress websites use. And allows users to automatically back up their WordPress daily, weekly, and monthly to cloud storage services, like Dropbox, Rackspace Cloud, Amazon S3, FTP, email, and Stash cloud.
It offers several features for backing up, restoring, and migrating a WordPress website. This is free and allows users to access the best support forums, one gigabyte of Stash storage, and regular updates. However, it comes with a free 12 months of support, which can be extended (if required) for $80.
The top web development companies in Gurgaon use this plugin to ensure their WordPress sites’ security from data loss.
- Users can backup the whole website, a section of it, or only the database.
- Easy-to-download backup files.
- Equipped with ImportBuddy BackupBuddy server tools to track hosting problems.
- Backup Scheduling.
- Allow storing backup files in multiple locations.
- After every backup, a notification is sent to the users via email.
- Scan for viruses and trojans to ensure the website’s security.
- Offer database scanning.
- Allows easy website migration at host and domain levels.
- Ability to encrypt files
Another popular and amazing WordPress backup plugin is the BackWPup, with a record of over 600,000 downloads from the WordPress repository.
The free plugin takes complete backups of a WordPress website and saves them on multiple storage spaces and the users’ computers. It is easy to use and automate backups with a backup calendar. Users can access features like permanent support and backup storage to Google Drive with its pro version, which costs $69.
- Automatic backup of WordPress websites.
- Backup of WordPress databases, media templates, plugins, and other items individually.
- Save backups on hosts.
- Allows easy transfer of backups to cloud services like Dropbox.
- Facilitates backup transfer via FTP.
- Send backups to email.
BoldGrid Backup Plugin
An automated backup tool that allows users to back up their website easily and recover it if the site crashes. The plugin also allows users to migrate the website to a different host. Users can auto-schedule backups or do it manually, as required.
The tool automatically returns to the previous backed-up version of the site if the running update encounters an error. This feature helps users by not updating the errored version of a website.
With this plugin at users’ disposal, they can save their backup on storage services such as FTP, SFTP, 3, or Amazon S.
- Simple, Automated Backups.
- Automated Error Prevention.
- Automatically backups a site before updates and roll back to the last version if the updates fail.
- Effortless Site Migration.
- Separate File Restorations.
- Users can restore a single file within the backup browser
- Users can Auto Backups to run before the update
- Remote Storage Options
- The plugin allows users to safely store backups remotely via Google Drive, Amazon S3, or FTP / SFTP.
All-In-One Migration Plugin
It is a powerful, reliable, and easy-to-use plugin that helps users seamlessly transfer their website’s information. The plugin has more than 2 million active installations, indicating its usefulness. It is a free plugin that users can download from the WordPress repository and activate on their websites.
This plugin is very easy to use. Users don’t have to configure multiple settings as it only transmits information about the site and database.
- Allows custom uploads, extensions, theme folders, etc.
- Goes well with the WCAG 2.1 AA level standards for accessibility for users with disabilities
- No limitations on the host or operating system
- Supports a wide array of hosting providers
- Users can accomplish more with several premium extensions
- Compatibility with mobile devices.
- Auto replacement of website URLs while importing.
- Allows extraction of WordPress files on users’ computers with Traktor Desktop
The article has featured some of the best backup plugins that the top website designing companies in Faridabad use. Website developers and designers can use any of these plugins to secure a website’s data from loss.
All the plugins mentioned in the article are speed optimized, easy to use, have advanced features, and work well with all WordPress themes.
You can also take help from the best web development company in Faridabad to get started with backup plugins.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are other backup plugins you can use to keep your website’s data safe and secure.
We hope that the article has helped you to set up a site without wasting time finding the best plugins from a crowded list of WordPress plugins. If you have any questions or doubts, do let us know in the comments section below. https://boingam.com/